Family’s plea for details on how engineer who died of asbestos cancer was exposed
by Connor Burke
Stuart Raggett, 76, died of mesothelioma in June 2021 as a result of exposure to asbestos materials while working as an engineer. His family have since launched an investigation, hoping to discover exactly how and when Stuart came into contact with the fatal material.
Foremost, the family is appealing for Stuarts former colleagues to come forward and provide any information they have which may help their case. Mr Raggett worked at Springfield psychiatric hospital in Tooting, from 1968 to 1969, King George V Hospital in Godalming, between 1969 and 1971, and St Luke’s Hospital in Guildford, from 1971 to 1974. Furthermore, he also worked at the Ministry of Aviation at one of the largest jet testing sites in the world, NGTE.
Oliver Collett, the legal expert at the law firm representing Mr Raggett’s family, said: “This is sadly yet another case that highlights the terrible consequences of asbestos exposure, with the true impact only becoming clear years after exposure has seemingly occurred”, “Stuart’s family remain desperate for answers regarding his death. As such, we would be grateful to hear from anyone who might have information on the organisations that Stuart mentioned. The right detail could prove key as we look to help his family gain justice.”
You can find out more details on the above stories in the following article:
September 26, 2022
September 20, 2022
September 12, 2022